Sunday, October 9, 2016

I'd Come Running, If You'd Only Call



Travel.  I love it. It's one of my all-time favorite things to do.  I've been blessed to travel to Italy, Holland, Mexico, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Canada, and many states, including to HI 3 times. 

Today's blog challenge is to think about places I'd like to travel, and why. 
The one place I want to go more than anything in the world may not be very exciting to you, but to me it would mean so much.  I want to go to Midland, TX and visit my daughter and her family.

You see, my daughter hasn't spoken to me for almost 5 years.  She decided to remove herself from our family, and has cut off communication with all of us, except for one of my daughters.  I have 2 grandchildren who I don't know, and who don't even know that I'm alive.  Oh what I'd give to hear her voice that said "Come see us Mom.  Come see the kids and spend some time with us."  

Because of the work I've done over the last several years, learning how to live a peaceful, balanced life, and what causes the imbalances in our lives, I understand where she's at.  I get her pain.  I understand what's behind her not being able to reach out, to pick up the phone and make that call.  I pray every day that she'll find healing and come to a place of forgiveness for all the wrongs she feels have been committed against her.  I pray that there will be a day when we talk every day, and that my grandkids know me and all their aunts and uncles.  

Until then, I hold her in a space of complete love. I hold no ill feelings toward her.  Just complete love. And, I miss her every. single. day.  I know that she has her own journey to travel.  So, I just do my thing, understanding her, and loving her.

I don't share this to have a pity party, or to garner sympathy.  I share it from the space that even though my precious daughter has made these decisions, I can still have a loving relationship with her. It may not be in person, or through communication.  It is, however, still a relationship of love.  From me to her.  Always and forever.  And maybe, someday she'll be ready to receive that love again.  

So when you see me say WhoopEE, I'm going to Midland, TX!  You can smile and know just what that's all about.  


 







4 comments:

  1. What a great post, sad, but true for so many. I pray that one day you get to announce to us that you are headed to Midland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written story, and I hope that, one day, I read your story about visiting Midland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. Hope you get to go to Midland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Hope you get to go to Midland.

    ReplyDelete