Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bold Step

This week I was humbled to be called by a woman needing my help.  This woman (for this blog's purposes her name will be Sandy) was making a bold step to change her life.  Sandy has been

subjected to domestic violence her ENTIRE life.  Her story is still unfolding, and from what I can glean so far, she was beaten as a child, teenager, and adult.  Her parents beat her, her step-parents beat her and her husband of 30 years beat her.  Alcohol has also been involved.  

Sandy has taken the bold step to say NO MORE.  She is taking measures to protect herself and is seeking help in discovering and ending the patterns of abuse in her life.  

I'm humbled because Sandy reached out to me to help her release trapped emotions that have been keeping her weighed down emotionally and which are affecting her physically.  

I'm also very proud of Sandy because she realizes that she is instrumental in her charting the course of her life and she's making a very big change to remove herself from the danger she's been in.  This is huge-because she hasn't been working and will have to go back to work and she'll have to find a new place to live. Basically, she's going to build an entirely new life for herself. 

It's not going to be an easy road for Sandy.  I know, though, just from the time I've spend with her, that she WILL be able to do it.  She is one determined and tough lady.  

Where do you need to take a bold step? Or where have you taken a bold step?  It may be something completely different...like learning to make sales calls, or playing piano, or traveling by yourself.  Whatever it is, I want to hear about it.

You can follow me on Social Media:
FB:  Your Well Being Guide
Twitter:  yrwelbeingguide
Instagram: Your Well Being Guide 

1 comment:

  1. Well done Sandy! That's a huge step to make as well as a scary one! I wish her well and hope she succeeds in building her new life because she is worth it!

    ReplyDelete